Saturday, July 9, 2016

Ethylene-glycol based antifreeze for the Starlet (if original coolant)

I need to fill up coolant lever (since it dropped). My coolant looks red / pink on the color. So I´m guessing it the original coolant.

NEVER MIX cooloant with for example BLUE glycol.. (Thats what I read anyway, so I follow that)

.... anyway..  this is what I do, do your own research..


From Haynes Toyota Corolla Workshop Manual (They have the same Engine as Starlet plus the VVT-i engine.

The manual says:


“Always use an ethylene-glycol based antifreeze which is suitable for use in mixedmetal
cooling systems.”

” The cooling system should be filled with a water/ethylene-glycol based antifreeze solution, which will prevent freezing down to at least -30° C, or lower if local climate requires it.”

Recommeded for Cooling system according to Haynes:
Toyota long life coolant

“New generation ethylene-glycol based premium engine antifreeze/coolant specially formulated for all Toyota engine cooling systems” - http://www.globalautoparts.biz/toyotagenuinefluids.html


SO WE NEED A ethylene-glycol based Coolant.
And we need deionized water, salt and oxygen makes rust.


I think I will go with the Biltema ready-mixed coolant.


Biltema: 49:90 SEK, ready-mixed
Mekonomen, concentrated



No comments:

Post a Comment